Ameeksha Dilchand, Miss Mauritius for Miss Universe and Miss International 2012, sent a heartbreaking message to Missosology (beauty pageants forum).


She used to be bashed by some people there, but nobody knows how the things are by the other side, Ameeksha's side.

According to her, the national organization did not provide anything that she needed to compete at international pageants. She had to buy everything by herself - she does not come from a rich family, so she was not able to buy the best things.

"I paid for my clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup, hair products, gym, VISA, pocket money for both contests. But nonetheless, I was always being criticized because my clothes weren't good- but hey, this is the 'BEST' thing I could have afford."

Ameeksha added that she has always had a "tomboy" behavior and because of beauty pageants she learnt a lot: "I learnt to walk in heels 2 weeks prior the Miss Mauritius finale 2011. I learnt it in a 5cms heels only, a cheap one worth USD 13, not much eh for a beauty queen?"

When people make some hard criticism on the internet they don't imagine that their target may be reading it. How it affects the person is unpredictable that is why we should be more careful with our words.

"Not because you used to call me a Goddess, even though I know it was all out of sarcasm or even making fun- doesn't matter. I used to read everything, every single sentence you wrote about me- every thread." - those Miss Mauritius' words made dozens silently feel regret, for sure.

"Doesnt matter - this whole episode made me realise how ill-treated women still are. Why do we have to stick to norms?
Because it says beauty = nice skin, nice hair and fab body?
How about that person, who is sharing her food with a homeless? isn't she ''beautiful''? but OMG, she has cellulite. DAMN- clapper!
How I wished, beauty was not regarded only as commodity but a blessing." - the mauritian beauty queen invite us to think.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Top